Although April 15th marks National Banana Day (we promise we didn’t make this up), it’s also the day that you’re 2019 takes must be filed by. Between forms from your employer, student loan company and health insurance provider, it’s hard to keep track of all the documents you need to successfully file your taxes.
Simplify your taxes by finding all of your USCCU tax documents in Online Banking and use our quick check list to organize your important forms and deductions for 2019.
Important Tax Forms
- W-2 forms from your employer
- Income records if you’re self employed
- Retirement income forms from traditional IRA accounts, pensions & social security
- Savings & investments forms such as interest income and HSA reimbursements
- Income records for winnings from gambling
- Record of alimony payments received
- Proof of health insurance
Top Tax Deductions
- Home ownership expenses including mortgage interest, receipts for energy-saving improvements & property tax records
- Childcare expenses including daycare and sitters
- Qualified medical expenses
- Home office expenses when you use your home regularly for business activity
- Costs for adopting a child
- Charitable donations including cash and items
- Student loan interest
Doing your taxes yourself? Save 15% or more on TurboTax just for being a proud credit union member. Simply create an account with Love My Credit Union Rewards and start saving!