Cyber Monday is like Black Friday. It’s another day of discounts and deals that you can’t wait to take advantage of on items you want. The difference is you can sit at home in your pajamas and sip a cup of hot chocolate while shopping. Cyber Monday features online deals from dozens of retailers with brick and mortar stores and stores based solely online. Some participating retailers in Cyber Monday include:
- Overstock.com and many others!
To help you make the most of the day, here are 11 tips you should keep in mind:
1. Register for emails from your favorite stores. If you don’t want the emails to come to your account that you regularly use, set up a junk email for these types of communication. These emails will give you a heads-up on deals available on Cyber Monday.
2. Check out CyberMonday.com for coupons, free shipping, and free gifts from more than 200 online retailers.
3. Make purchases only on secure sites. Look for “https” in your browser; the “s” indicates that you’re making a secure transaction.
4. Make a wish list on retailers’ websites to immediately see if the items you want are on sale.
5. Pre-shop so you can know the regular price and the sales price and can determine if the purchase is worth it.
6. Use free shipping whenever possible. Amazon.com offers a one-month trial of Amazon Prime where you can get free standard and two-day shipping. You can also check websites like RetailMeNot for free shipping coupon codes.
7. Make sure to read the return/exchange policies! You don’t want any surprises.
8. Create a separate folder on your computer for all your downloaded receipts from your online purchases. By doing this you can stay organize and can easily find order numbers should you need to contact customer service or return an item.
9. Create a shopping budget and stick to it. Cyber Monday is a great day to shop, but you don’t want to go broke in the process.
10. Check for deals throughout the day. Things change, some items are no longer available, while some better items become available.
11. Consider more than holiday gifts and purchase items you know you’ve been needing or want like a new TV or computer. Also, think birthdays, Mother’s Day, etc. If a necklace is on-sale that would make a great birthday gift in February, grab it while you can!
Source: WTHITV10.com, Christina Strong
How would you like to have a stress-free holiday season? Consider a USC Credit Union holiday loan to help take care of everyone on your gift list (including yourself). Upon approval, we’re ready to loan you anywhere from $500 to $4,000 to make sure the upcoming holidays are as merry and stress-free as possible! You can use you loan for anything!